Orion Academy provides a quality college-preparatory program for secondary students whose academic success is compromised by a neurocognitive disability such as Asperger’s syndrome, or Non-verbal Learning Disorder
Perspectives of Orion Academy
The videos linked below offer personal perspectives on Orion Academy from alumni and parents of alumni.
Please click on a video in the list below the image to view it.
To learn more:
|Program Overview||Social Skills Program||Personal Projects|
We’re One of a Kind
All elements of the school are designed to optimize learning within this particular segment of students…
- The average class size is 8 students, with an average student to faculty ratio of 4:1
- Students have a chance to pursue their individual interests in a productive way through our “Personal Projects” program. We use students’ unique interests to teach them how to research, organize, write and present. This is a critical component for teaching executive function skills
- Technology is integrated into every aspect of the curriculum
- Orion’s Dog Class provides an opportunity for our students to improve their understanding of non-verbal social cues
- Our new Bridge to College program allows students to begin college-level work with the support and structure of Orion
For more news please check out our News and Announcements Page
Orion Academy is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)